1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Fix Case of Discussion Titles (Title case)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by sbj, Apr 19, 2015.

1. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

I know this is not a bug but it is kind of annoying.
    For the next releases, can the title case ignore special characters? Xenforo sees the special character as a first letter of a word, that means the next letter is written lowercased.
    This means, words which must be written uppercased like United Kingdom are written as (united Kingdom).
    Even if the word is a different word, which is usually written lowercased, on the thread title it looks ridiculous when all of the words starts with an upper case but except one.

I know you may say "this is as designed" but maybe give it a thought?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm able to confirm this as well on our test site with no add-ons installed. It's something to do when a symbol -- doesn't matter which one it is -- comes before the word.

Title Case.png
    sbj likes this.
  3. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

This has been brought up before and marked as a Design Issue that won't be fixed.
  4. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. What a pity.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The general comment here is that we're not trying to get into special cases -- it's just using a really basic implemenation with PHP's "ucwords". (It's probably more likely to be removed at this point as it has significant limitations.)

A few examples:
    semprot and sbj like this.