Card with chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gym

So i just attempted to purchase xenforo and it declined my card. the new style card with a chip doesn't work for companies who dont have the ability to take chip cards. any thoughts??

You may want to contact PayPal as they are the payment processor and it is they who declined your card.

If the card is not cleared for international payments, that could be one potential reason.

So i just attempted to purchase xenforo and it declined my card. the new style card with a chip doesn't work for companies who dont have the ability to take chip cards. any thoughts??
Here (Australia and New Zealand), cards have had chips for years.
Paypal works just fine with them, always has.

oah well, Vbuelli
Oah well... VBulletin took the card. Wh
Didnt ask for your life story...paypal isnt taking the card.
You may want to contact PayPal as they are the payment processor and it is they who declined your card.

If the card is not cleared for international payments, that could be one potential reason.
Or you could be like normal places and take the training wheels off and accept credit cards beyond paypal. They wont take my card.

oah well, Vbuelli

Oah well... VBulletin took the card. Wh

Didnt ask for your life story...paypal isnt taking the card.

Or you could be like normal places and take the training wheels off and accept credit cards beyond paypal. They wont take my card.

You could be a little nicer to people informing you that the card having a chip has nothing to do with online payment processing.

Xenforo does take other payment sources if you contact them. However there are disadvantages to dealing with other processors. It's not as if they didn't evaluate that.

If you wish to choose your platform based on which took your money the fastest that is on you. It certainly speaks to one of the things they are good at doing. Maybe not others. Don't like peoples life stories? I would have chosen a different competitor and thats mine :p

You would need to contact your bank and ensure that your chip card has international transactions enabled, I had to do that with my chip card. So call up your bank and complete the formalities, should enable international transactions in 24 hours after which you should be able to make payments via PayPal.

You would need to contact your bank and ensure that your chip card has international transactions enabled, I had to do that with my chip card. So call up your bank and complete the formalities, should enable international transactions in 24 hours after which you should be able to make payments via PayPal.
Paypal ids for some h
Divvens, finally someone with intelligence. Yeah, the stupid banks think they are saving the world highly restricting the card... i couldn't even use the chip for some in country online purchases. Before my bank mandated the chip cards, i could use the card anywhere. You know what my bank's answer is?? "Ged our credit card which does not have the chip" Absurd...so anyway...XenForo is turning away customers with reliance on paypal, software is overpriced in the first place but then they make it impossible for thoes who dont like paypal... Lastly, i would like to point out that IP board, VB, and Xenforo ALL have the model of constant updating of the software to make people keep buying....it is a trap that you get into every time you fall for it.

Absurd...so anyway...XenForo is turning away customers with reliance on paypal, software is overpriced in the first place but then they make it impossible for thoes who dont like paypal... Lastly, i would like to point out that IP board, VB, and Xenforo ALL have the model of constant updating of the software to make people keep buying....it is a trap that you get into every time you fall for it.
You sound like you are not all that interested in Xenforo as you have posted nothing but unqualified, unsubstantiated remarks other than your bank card does not support PayPal. Your Problem. If you were all that interested in XenForo you would have contacted the owners for alternate payment.
We are all probably better off that you have chosen an alternate program. We will not be subjected to your whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom