XF 2.0 Can't vote on poll's - Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

SuperMonis

Hi,

I've had this issue for a while now since using Xenforo 2.0 but only decided to report it now.
Whenever someone tries to vote on a poll an error is given:

FpBzaC6.png

EDIT: Here's what the browser console is showing:

28kHeoG.png

Last edited:
That looks like the page source, not the browser console (which would show errors if there are any). Make sure you are viewing the Console tab (not Elements, Sources or any of the others).

Yes, that's the browser console. Unfortunately I can't tell what's causing the error and I'm on a mobile device so can't check the console myself. Someone else might know but in the meantime try disabling all add-ons and switching to a completely unedited default theme to see if the problem disappears. If it does enable add-ons and theme one at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

Yes, that's the browser console. Unfortunately I can't tell what's causing the error and I'm on a mobile device so can't check the console myself. Someone else might know but in the meantime try disabling all add-ons and switching to a completely unedited default theme to see if the problem disappears. If it does enable add-ons and theme one at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.
Disabled all add-on's and used the default theme, voting on poll's still didn't work.

FpBzaC6.png

Error is really big so I've put them in the link below but here's what it looks like on the top part of console:
dtHitL6.png

Error 1: https://pastebin.com/b5PY0vjY
Error 2: https://pastebin.com/YjFfJPnw

Last edited:
I spoke to the developer who helps manage my site, and he told me that the website is supposed to output HTML as a player goes to the site in order to vote. It’s not an API page, and so it wouldn’t make sense to show JSON to the player.

Disable all add-ons (ACP > Add-ons > Disable all). Does it still repro? If not, enable them one by one until you figure out the conflict. Is it does still repro, enable Default Style. Does it still repro? If so, contact Xenforo official support (through customer area).

Disable all add-ons (ACP > Add-ons > Disable all). Does it still repro? If not, enable them one by one until you figure out the conflict. Is it does still repro, enable Default Style. Does it still repro? If so, contact Xenforo official support (through customer area).
Yeah still happens with default theme and all add-ons disabled. Will contact the official support through customer area (Didn't realise that was a thing :LOL:)

Top Bottom