Can't view images?

Apokalupsis

I was trying to view the thumbnails of the Green style in the Style forums. Clicking on them says that I do not have permission to do so.

Do I have to have a certain # of posts? Can only licensed members view attachments?

Pay to just view an image? Sounds more like someone forgot to add the proper permission.

Are you referring to the img tag or the attachment system that the image (screenshot) is embedded into? if the latter then the permissions are correct.

Guess it's the latter. For example I wan't to see this:

http://xenforo.com/community/data/attachments/4/4114-b3bea30946cfff3b0c7dd37b71eaeea7.jpg

but it says I dont have permissions. I don't really get why I need to own a license to view a screenshot. Not requesting support or trying to post in a "Customer Only" section. I just wan't to see what users have done with XF before switching my 2 forums from vB to XF.

If these are the right permissions, then I guess I'll just check fan forums for information about XF mods and features. If not, please let me know what I need to do to be able to see attachments like in any forum.

I just wan't to see what users have done with XF before switching my 2 forums from vB to XF.
There are plenty of live examples here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-us-your-xf.4961/
Much better than any screenshot.

If these are the right permissions, then I guess I'll just check fan forums for information about XF mods and features. If not, please let me know what I need to do to be able to see attachments like in any forum.
The permissions are correct, you need to own a license and associate your forum username to fully access the customer forums (posting/downloading attachments).
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-support-faq.4954/

We can agree to disagree here :)

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of old vB customers here with big boards like myself, that rely on community mods and hacks for their forums. Knowing the mods I need already exist here is a big part of my decision to switch. It kinda dissapoints me that I need to buy a license to just see what the mod community has done so far with XF. Sadly, not all those "live examples" you mention, have all the mods listed in the Add-Ons and Modification sections.

Anyway, I really appreciate your time. I'm looking forward to one day migrate my forums to XF, but not going to make the same mistake I did when vB4 came out and rushed into buying it. Guess I'll just wait for a vB.org type forum were we can see mods features and screenshots without the need of buying a license.

Once again, thanks a lot for your time.

No problem, happy to help.

Guess I'll just wait for a vB.org type forum were we can see mods features and screenshots without the need of buying a license.

You might be waiting a while for that.
The decision has been taken to keep everything "in house" with regards to mods and add-ons.
So far the coders seem to be on board with that decision so XenForo.com will be far and away the largest resource for that sort of thing.

If you didn't mention it, I would have never noticed. Been a vB user for so long I thought access was for anyone with a forum account. Tested a minute ago with a random email and it requires a license to even see screenshots. You were right.

Guess I'll wait for those live example to implement something more than default installations :D

Guess I'll wait for those live example to implement something more than default installations :D
And I don't think you will need to wait long to see those live sites with modifications and skins installed :)

But my guess is, you may be quite interested in owning a license at this time... But I completely understand your position.

edit: regardless you may want to browse this thread:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-us-your-xf.4961/

If you didn't mention it, I would have never noticed. Been a vB user for so long I thought access was for anyone with a forum account. Tested a minute ago with a random email and it requires a license to even see screenshots. You were right.

You might want to check out www.xenfans.com as well, not sure if Floris has skin shots up yet ... okay that didn't sound right.

Top Bottom