• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Cant upload files

#1
When I try to upload files for some reason it has stopped working and I have no idea why.

I attach the file as per normal and it says uploading and gets to 100%, then nothing happens.

I can then complete the post and there is no attachment.

Screen shot below, same for creating a new topic or replying.

upload_2015-9-6_17-19-19.png
 

Martok

Well-known member
#3
Also check that the data and internal_data directories are recursively set to world writeable (CHMOD 0777).
 

Martok

Well-known member
#6
Try each of the following:

  • Try another browser
  • Try another device
  • Disable the Flash uploader in your account preferences
  • Try with all add-ons disabled and using an unedited default style
See if you have any success with any of these.
 
#7
Ok in Chrome is gives me a error message as per below.

upload_2015-9-6_19-58-31.png


However I have disabled the flash upload and now it is uploading ok?

So does anyone know why this may happen? As it was ok a few days ago... weird indeed?

Maybe my host has done something to my account, because when I was having issues I tried to upload multiple files and my host banned my IP (again) apparently. Which doesnt seem to make sense to me.. anyway..
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#8
It's very possible that there are mod_security rules that are being triggered; we have seen that before. Alternatively, if your forum is behind password protection (via .htaccess), Flash has issues with that so it likely won't work.
 

ProCom

Active member
#9
**** FIXED *****

I recently moved hosting companies from one VPS to Linode. After the move everything was working fine, but I started having members complaining that some images were not uploading properly.

They would upload an attachment (image) and the progress bar would hit 100% and then nothing would happen.

After a bunch of researching, I changed the following settings for PHP and MySQL to match my previous VPS. I'm unfortunately not sure which one was successful in fixing the problem, but wanted to post here (and a few other related threads) to share that this worked for me!

pico /usr/local/lib/php.ini
memory_limit = from 32M to 158M


pico /etc/my.cnf
max_allowed_packet=268435456 to max_allowed_packet=64M
wait_timeout=10 to 45

(make sure to restart your services after you make the changes)