XF 2.1 Can't upload attachments

Suzanne O

Hi guys,
Don't know if this has happened to anyone else but i'm having a problem with uploading attachements to my site. It seems to be uploading but then crossing it out rather than showing the pic or video that i'm wanting to upload.

Either its more then the max size allowed for attachments, file type not allowed to be uploaded or its tripping mod sec on your server and your host would have to figure out what rule and whitelist it.

It's most likely a ModSecurity issue at your host, have them whitelist the rule that causes it. You can trigger the error and have them look.
I'm also checking to see if it's a dodgy upload as well.
So having to take it down and check to see what the issue is and uploading a more stable upgrade.

It’s very unlikely to be a bug as no one else is affected by the same issue.

You may want to perform the upload with your browser JavaScript console open in the developer tools and see if it reports any errors.

If you can’t see anything that way then you would have to submit a ticket so we can take a closer look.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us!

Speaking about ModSecurity disabling, we do not recommend doing this, because ModSecurity is generally configured to protect web applications from various attacks. It has various rules for cross-website scripting, bad user agents, trojans, session hijacking, and many other exploits.

For your reference, more information about it here can be found here: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9542/22/what-is-modsecurity-and-why-do-we-need-it

Please check the aforementioned information and let us know if you want to proceed with ModSecurity disabling for aussiefootyforums.com, and suzannelolsen.com.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

That's is what i'm getting from namecheap.
You think they would just take it off but no they won't.
They are so stupid that it's not funny.

Top Bottom