1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Can't Update/Edit Thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by akhilaniyan, Sep 17, 2013.

1. akhilaniyan

akhilaniyan Active Member

Hello.

Now I can't update or edit thread.

Please see this video:

sorry for the low quality

Error:

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you replicate this on a default style?

3. akhilaniyan

Tried in default style. Still error showing...

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Have you checked your server error logs (not just the ones from the ACP but the actual web server)?

5. akhilaniyan

No!

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, check them and see if there are any errors.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This certainly looks like something in the server request is crashing (PHP) and killing the connection and the browser is silently resubmitting the request. Unfortunately it tends to be tough to debug, but disable all add-ons and see if there's any situations where it doesn't happen to see if you can identify what triggers it.

Tracy Perry, akhilaniyan and Amaury like this.
  8. akhilaniyan

Disabled all addons and tried. Still issue appearing!

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If it's a server error disabling the add-ons will not effect it. That's why you need to check the Apache (or nginx) server logs and also the php log to see what errors are showing. Disabling all add-ons will help towards this. If no errors are shown in the logs then re-enable the add-ons one at a time till it happens again.
    I'd be happy to help, but about to head out to a clients location and make an easy $1500.

10. akhilaniyan

I can edit others thread. The issue is appearing only when i edit my own thread:eek:

11. akhilaniyan

There is no error logs in the cpanel....

12. akhilaniyan

Just noticed. I can edit threads in some other nodes!

But, I can't edit threads in so many nodes, including different categories!

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you submit a ticket with login details for that account and FTP, I can look into it.

akhilaniyan likes this.
  14. akhilaniyan

I have started a conversation with you. Please reply..

15. akhilaniyan

The issue resolved Mike. You are right, the issue is with the mod_security after giving the error screenshot to the hosting support, they have made some modification in the mod_security. So, the issue is resolved now. Now i can edit all threads!!![​IMG]