1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant start a convo.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Blakefire, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

For some reason one of my groups cant star conversations but their permission in the ACP allows them to.

2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Are you sure he / she isn't trying to start a conversation with a user that limits that?

3. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Have you physically checked the recipients settings? If you send a PM as a staff, you will override any privacy settings this user might have set. I am not sure if the ignore feature also blocks PM's.

If you are sure of that, as well as double checking if there aren't any user specific or group specific permissions that say never, my guess would be an addon somewhere.

5. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

He cant send messages to anyone, it's weird but I will keep looking.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

My guess would be that you have "Never" permissions in one of the user's other groups. That would override any "Allow" permissions.

7. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

They're not part of any other group. And the Dev group, this users group, has allow for everything conversation related.

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member