1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Cant search members

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by RickM, Jul 31, 2010.

1. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Just tried using the searchbar on the right of the members page - hit enter after typing what I wanted to search for and the page just reloads.

Mac OS X 10.6
    Firefox 3.6.8 (Will test on Safari 5 on my main Mac tomorrow morning - only got Safari 4 on the lappy!)

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Confirmed. It doesn't seem to be functioning as a search. However, if you enter the exact name of a member, it will jump to their profile page. Not very useful for "finding a member", but they may still be implementing the search. :)

3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is the designed behavior. It does do name suggestion for you though. I've added a notice to this effect if you do submit an incomplete name.

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Are you saying by design we need to have a keyword to search for? We are not allowed to find posts by a user unless we can remember what words were in that post?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Kurtz's comment really has nothing to do with this bug report, so disregard it.

But yes, it is by design that you need to have a keyword to search for, though you can see the existing discussion about this elsewhere. This isn't an appropriate thread for this.

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Better, but it would be nice if we could actually search users. :)