XF 2.2 Can't save PAGE_CONTAINER in TMS

Finexes

Hey guys,

I upgraded my test site to XF 2.2 and tried to adjust my template modifications. I have a custom style I created myself and I have two template modifications for PAGE_CONTAINER, but I am unable to save them:

Code:
Line 605: Syntax error - Template modifications: public:PAGE_CONTAINER

There are no errors in the browser console and I already tried with mod_security disabled. I can save every other template modifications, unless they are not for PAGE_CONTAINER. No matter what I enter for search & replace, I always get the above error, sometimes it's a different line in the error message. Disabling all listeners does not solve the problem, I even rebuilt the master data.

Do you have an idea what might cause the problem?

Thanks! :)

Your changes doesn't fit with the XenForo template syntax. That means you have issues in your content. Without more information about Find & Replace we can't figure out whats wrong.

Did you have any other outdated templates?

Thanks you your reply :)

Just to test this, I entered the following as an example:

Search:
Code:
<div class="p-pageWrapper" id="top">

Replace:
Code:
<div class="p-pageWrapper test" id="top">

I am sure that this should not trigger a syntax error, did I miss something? :unsure:

EDIT: I have no outdated templates.

The better way is to search for..
Code:
p-pageWrapper
and Replace with...
Code:
$0 test

If you then click on the Test button it should be your..
Code:
<div class="p-pageWrapper test" id="top">

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-04 um 19.37.36.webp

My PAGE_CONTAINER template is not modified, it has the exact same content as the master template. Editing the template directly does also trigger the error message, even when I try to edit the master template.

Have you tried copying the contents of the Page_container template to Notepad (or similar) for safe keeping, and then Revert the template to see if it saves then?

If so do a line by line comparison of the template against the saved copy to see if or where the error is

Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate that.

Could be from another addon that is modifying the PAGE_CONTAINER

I have disabled all listeners, so that should not cause any problems.

Have you tried copying the contents of the Page_container template to Notepad (or similar) for safe keeping, and then Revert the template to see if it saves then?

If so do a line by line comparison of the template against the saved copy to see if or where the error is

I already tried that as well :(

Top Bottom