XF 1.5 Can't save any settings

Britney

Hello,

I'm having problem doing anything. I can't save user groups, nor pages.
It all started when I updated to the new resource manager and tried to rebuild all caches.

I get the error:
HTTP ERROR 500

In the log it says:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: Bogus marker length - library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php:78

Did you try to rebuild attachment thumbs or anything like that? Unfortunately, it can be hard to prevent errors from GD though we do try. I'm surprised that image managed to get inserted though.

If you can access the database directly, can you look at what records are in the xf_deferred table?

Did you try to rebuild attachment thumbs or anything like that? Unfortunately, it can be hard to prevent errors from GD though we do try. I'm surprised that image managed to get inserted though.

If you can access the database directly, can you look at what records are in the xf_deferred table?
Sure, what exactly do you need from there?

Yup, that's it. This error is coming from the attachment thumb job. Easiest thing for now would be to delete that row from the table. You may want to delete the search index row for now -- both of these are potentially something to come back to. Once you've done that, on the main admin control panel page (the index page after you log in), there will probably be a message about stopped manual processes -- click that and it should clear out most of these entries. (Aside from the cron one -- that should always be there.)

If that resolves the issue for now, we can come back to trying to figure out the problematic attachment, though that may require a ticket so that we can access the server directly.

Top Bottom