XF 1.4 Can't restore a soft-deleted thread from thread_view?

imthebest

Hi,

On my forum no one has permissions to hard-delete content, just soft-delete.

When on forum_view I can select a soft-deleted thread and among other options I have "Delete Threads" and "Undelete Threads".

However at thread_view when I click on "Thread Tools" there is only: "Delete Thread" which I guess is there because the system thinks that maybe in the future I'll give hard-delete permissions to someone? More on this later...

Anyway the problem is that it seems to be impossible to undelete a thread while viewing it. This is a pain because if you want to restore the thread you have to use the search, then enable thread moderation in the results and so...

Well I have 2 observations here:

1. If I don't have permissions to hard-delete content, shouldn't the options "Delete Threads" (on forum_view) and "Delete Thread" (on thread_view) be unavailable? The same when selecting a post... I can see the "Delete Posts" option even when I don't have permissions to hard-delete content.

2. If I have permissions to undelete stuff, why don't allow me to undelete a soft-deleted thread by using an option like "Undelete Thread" on "Thread Tools" when viewing a thread? That would make moderators life easier!

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:
Top Bottom