XF 1.4 Can't remove regular member from "Users with Custom Permissions" list

imthebest

Facts:

1. I have already checked that all his permissions are set to "Not set" and that every value is set to zero.
2. The user belongs to the registered members group without any additional secondary usergroup.
3. The user doesn't have any node specific custom permissions.

What could be happening? Maybe an old add-on leave a hidden and thus uneditable (through the ACP UI) permission?

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:
Try toggling one of the permissions for the user, saving, setting it to not set and saving again.

That may update the permission cache.

Last time I saw this, it had something to do with an add-on inserting permissions manually into a permission (interface) group that didn't actually exist. It meant the permission was valid, it just wasn't going to be displayed.

You can look in xf_permission_entry / xf_permission_entry_content and remove any records that belong to the specified user_id (after verifying that you're removing what you expect).

Here you go:

Code:
mysql> SELECT * FROM xf_permission_entry WHERE user_id = 1;
+---------------------+---------------+---------+---------------------+---------------------------+------------------+----------------------+
| permission_entry_id | user_group_id | user_id | permission_group_id | permission_id             | permission_value | permission_value_int |
+---------------------+---------------+---------+---------------------+---------------------------+------------------+----------------------+
|                 114 |             0 |       1 | resource            | Tinhte_XenTag_resourceAll | allow            |                    0 |
|                 120 |             0 |       1 | resource            | TXT_resourceMaximumTags   | use_int          |                   -1 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What should I do? :(

I suspected as much - we had another instance of that this week.

The add-on in question (tinhte xentag) has inserted permission entries for custom permissions in the resource manager, despite not having it installed.
Therefore XF doesn't know how to display them.

To delete the entries you can select the checkbox in phpMyAdmin and then delete them, or delete the rows directly.
Or, if you are sure you have the right user ID, run the following query:
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_permission_entry WHERE user_id = x;

Replace x with the user ID.

Top Bottom