1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Can't post thread / JavaScript error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Puharesource, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Puharesource

Puharesource Member

I recently bought and installed XenForo on my test server. However without adding any modifications to the forums, I was unable to post a thread on my forums, using Google Chrome. I then tried to disable javascripts to run in my browser, which worked. After that I tried going onto firefox, which surprisingly worked as well.

So now I don't know what to do, I've got an unmodified forum, that doesn't work for chrome users. Could someone please help me out? Thanks.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

What's the error you're receiving specifically? Look at the JavaScript console and paste/screenshot what you see.

3. Puharesource

Puharesource Member

This is what I see on the front page of the forums:
    Code:
    version: 35
    XenForo.activate(
    #document
    )
    XenForo.init() 54ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev
    The "fb-root" div has not been created, auto-creating
    Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.
    FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().
    version: 35
    Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) tweet_button.1403226798.html:1
    This is what I see when I try to create a thread:
    [​IMG]
    And this is what it looks like on the page:
    [​IMG]

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well something is custom there -- Ex.js isn't something related to XenForo, so that may be involved. I don't know if that's something you've added or if it's related to a browser extension. I would disable all browser extensions to see if that does anything. Please also run the file health check to see if anything suspect appears there.

5. Puharesource

Puharesource Member

It's 100% non-edited, I went through all of my extensions and found an extension I didn't even know I had "Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection" I simply disabled that, which allowed made everything work again. Thanks =)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  6. Forum

Forum Member

I have the same issue, how to fix this issue? o_O

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you use cloudflare, disable rocketloader.

Forum likes this.
  8. Forum

Forum Member

Yes, I'm using CloudFlare. If I'm planning to continue using CF + Rocket Loader, is there any particular file(s) I can exclude from being RocketLoaded so this issue can be fixed? Or do I really need to turn off RocketLoader?

This issue only affect on Google Chrome though..

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to contact cloudflare for support.
    I don't use it, nor am I familiar with it.

10. Forum

Forum Member

Okay, thanks for your help anyway.. (y)