1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Can't load installed - Error 500

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by thenashy, Jun 12, 2016.

1. thenashy

thenashy Member

Hi All,

Trying to install XF for the first time. I'm getting 500 errors when attempting to load the directory containing XF.

Error log states:

[Sun Jun 12 12:58:12.035129 2016] [:error] [pid 5496] [client] SoftException in Application.cpp:603: Directory "/home/broncos/public_html/xen" is writeable by group
    [Sun Jun 12 12:58:12.035188 2016] [core:error] [pid 5496] [client] End of script output before headers: index.php

Help appreciated!
  2. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Not sure if I'm correct but I think it's because /home/broncos/public_html/xen is writeable by group so you'll need to change the permissions for that directory so that it's not writable by group.
  3. thenashy

thenashy Member

Imagine how much of a noob I feel right now.... thanks for your help!
  4. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Hahah I was the same way! Don't worry about it :D But did it work?
  5. thenashy

thenashy Member

It sure did! I was actually not going to copy paste that line. I never check logs as my host usually does, so I thought the lines there were just informing me of the permissions, not telling me that was the specific reason. Derp!
  6. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Well I'm glad I could help :)
    thenashy likes this.