XF 2.2 Can't increase Attachment thumbnail dimensions

ChicagoCoin

I'm trying to increase the setting for attachment thumbnails from 150 to 200 or more and am receiving: Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console. I'm currently using the PHP built-in GD image library and receive the same error message when attempting to raise the 150 to 151.

I haven't run the Rebuild attachment thumbnails in a long time, wondering if I should try that and/or try switching to the Imagemagick PECL extension?

XF Version: 2.2.2
Add-Ons:
XenForo Resource Manager 2.2.1
XenForo Media Gallery 2.2.1
XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.5
[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.1.4
[OzzModz] Forum Prefix Filter Block 2.0.1
[OzzModz] RSS Feed Filter 2.0.5
Chat 2.1.19
Shoutbox 1.5.7
DragonByte Member Map 2.4.0

Resource Manager Add-ons:
[MMO] Who Downloaded This Resource 2.1.3
Update Any Resource 1.1.0
[FC] - Resource Icon 2.1.4 (Some notes about this, defining Icon sizes are very important to me, these are set to 134W and 179H and I have a default image set up if there isn't one )
I believe this add-on only applies to Icons and not thumbnails, don't think it matters but I recently activated Use full friendly URLs and Convert URLs to page titles.

Sorry I'm not experienced with the console, I usually use Firefox but also tried Chrome and the messages appear to be different, I'll post both of them as text from the Console tabs. Thanks and let me know if you need logs or something else.

Firefox:

Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. preamble.min.js:4:73
The resource at “https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/styles/fonts/fa/fa-regular-400.woff2?_v=5.15.1” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. admin.php
The resource at “https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2?_v=5.15.1” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. admin.php
The resource at “https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400.woff2?_v=5.15.1” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. admin.php
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features! admin.php
PHP: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator at
webmaster@pinballnirvana.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
</body></html>
core-compiled.js:57:506

Chrome:

jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2 POST https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/admin.php?options/update 418
send @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
ajax @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
ajax @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:55
(anonymous) @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:259
setTimeout (async)
submit @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:259
(anonymous) @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:87
dispatch @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
v.handle @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:57 PHP: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator at
webmaster@pinballnirvana.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
</body></html>

defaultAjaxError @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:57
x @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:54
c @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
fireWith @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
l @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
(anonymous) @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
load (async)
send @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
ajax @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
ajax @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:55
(anonymous) @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:259
setTimeout (async)
submit @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:259
(anonymous) @ core-compiled.js?_v=6fa185b6:87
dispatch @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2
v.handle @ jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6fa185b6:2

I have access to the server logs, I just tried to increase the thumbnail sizes again and could post some content if necessary but I see these mentioned:

ModSecurity: Warning. Pattern match
at ARGS: options[attachmentExtensions]

[msg "Remote Command Execution: Unix Command Injection"] [data "Matched Data: \\x0d\\x0a7z found within ARGS: options[attachmentExtensions]:

ModSecurity: Access denied with code 418 (phase 2). Operator GE matched 7 at TX:anomaly_score.

ModSecurity: Warning. Operator GE matched 7 at TX:inbound_anomaly_score.

Just in case other Users have a problem with increasing the thumbnail dimensions in the ACP, below are some clues from my hosting company, I was successful with changing their sizes to 300 and then rebuilt the caches.

I verified that their sizes were changed via ftp but have new problems with the display sizes, forum thumbs are about 200 and resource thumbs are around 180 pixels, they are set for 300. I've tried searching for this problem and have read things about a attachment display area and templates like attachments.less, don't know what to do.

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with mod_security. After a
review with an administrator, it has been identified that the issue is
with a mod_sec tag and they were able to add 2 custom mod_sec rules which
should resolve the current behavior of mod_security errors with your
website.

Could you please try again at this time to change the dimensions of
thumbnails in forum posts? I look forward to hearing the result, I hope
that it is successful.

Still no luck with the thumbnail display sizes, they have been resized to 300 and the caches rebuilt, are these problems with template restrictions?

I verified that their sizes were changed via ftp but have new problems with the display sizes, forum thumbs are about 200 and resource thumbs are around 180 pixels, they are set for 300. I've tried searching for this problem and have read things about a attachment display area and templates like attachments.less, don't know what to do.

Top Bottom