Can't import styles

This either means that that uploaded file couldn't be read or that no uploaded file was actually received (or if it was, it couldn't be read). Can you upload a new avatar?

This likely represents a server misconfiguration, so you would need to ask your host about it. (Unfortunately, they may need more technical details to go on, and I can provide a script to do that if necessary.)

This either means that that uploaded file couldn't be read or that no uploaded file was actually received (or if it was, it couldn't be read). Can you upload a new avatar?

This likely represents a server misconfiguration, so you would need to ask your host about it. (Unfortunately, they may need more technical details to go on, and I can provide a script to do that if necessary.)

Tried replacing my avatar and it states that the file is too large for the server to process. Image size is 32KB.

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

OK was shown where and how to edit my php5.ini file. Added what tech support told me to but still get the same error when uploading an avatar. Can't try the style until I get home.

My php5.ini file now:
Code:
memory_limit = 50M
php5_value post_max_size = 30M
file_uploads = On
php5_value upload_max_filesize = 30M

register_globals=off
magic_quotes_gpc=off

Tried it without but had the same error. Added it and no change.

Removed the additional items and have ...

Code:
memory_limit = 50M
post_max_size = 30M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 30M

register_globals=off
magic_quotes_gpc=off

Error

Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
when trying to install a style.

We had that problem - and for some reason we had to increase some space on the server (I believe - I will point Peter to this thread to explain what he did because he is handling all the more advanced tech :) )

I'm still gonna call this a server configuration problem.

Can you confirm the value of upload_tmp_dir in your phpinfo? Make sure that directory exists and is writable. If it is "no value" then it should default to /tmp on the server in which case you need to make sure that directory exists and is writable. Also make sure the partition is not full. You can check the partitions by running this shell command:

Code:
df

I do not have shell access; shared hosting. Is there another way to tell?

Maybe. Try creating a PHP script with this code:

PHP:
<?php

echo '<pre>';
system("df");
echo '</pre>';

Upload the file to your server and visit the URL. That may work.

Otherwise you will have to contact your host and ask them to make sure the /tmp directory is OK.

Top Bottom