1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Can't get mass email to work

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by KevinEssence, Jan 6, 2016.

1. KevinEssence

KevinEssence Member

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no expectation that the top two are empty (they're filled in during installation). But what problem are you actually having?

3. KevinEssence

KevinEssence Member

I removed them earlier but yeah they were just filled in with the exact email addresses. My issue atm is no emails are sending when I try to send it out to 7000 people whether it's filled in or not, even tried the "send test email" to my email and I didn't get one :eek:

4. Mike

Are there any server errors logged in the control panel? If not, the email has been handed off to what is ultimately sending it. You'd need to see the raw mail logs there. Your host will likely be able to help.

5. KevinEssence

KevinEssence Member

The same thing happens when someone tries to reset their password, says the password reset email is sent to them but they don't receive the email.

6. Mike

The underlying issue is the same. What I said in my previous message still applies.

7. KevinEssence

KevinEssence Member

I run it myself, I'll have to see where those files are located in that case. No errors in panel although

8. Mike

Normally something like /var/log/maillog. But it sounds like you haven't actually installed a MTA (such as Postfix).