XF 1.2 Can't get an image to upload as an attachment with Flash Uploader

motowebmaster

I normally use ImageMagick on my vb3 site and it works; but tried switching back to GD with no luck.

I see the error message "There was a problem uploading your file." Not sure what is wrong.

Rebuilding all of the Thumbnails, to a larger 150px size, wasn't a problem with ImageMagick selected (if that matters). Modifying the .htaccess file didn't help either. I'm using XenPorta on my test site, but disabled it temporarily as well.

The only way I can successfully upload anything is to disable the Flash Uploader. I'd like to re-enable it if possible. Tested it here and it appears to work.

Nice Harley.webp

No, after I posted this I noticed comments from others about the Flash Uploader. I'm a Firefox user, which appears to represent most of the folks having difficulty; but didn't see any resolution last night.

So, I went back to my test site a moment ago using IE10 and the Flash Uploader worked very well with two different tests; one small 200k image and one larger 1.5mb picture.

I wonder if there is some issue with my test site being password-blocked, that Firefox doesn't have an issue with until I upload an attachment via Flash? This experience reminds me that Flash can be a bit troublesome for some users.

I wonder if there is some issue with my test site being password-blocked, that Firefox doesn't have an issue with until I upload an attachment via Flash? This experience reminds me that Flash can be a bit troublesome for some users.
This is exactly the issue, assuming you mean the htaccess-style password. It's a design flaw within Flash so it's not really something that can be worked around by applications.

This is exactly the issue, assuming you mean the htaccess-style password. It's a design flaw within Flash so it's not really something that can be worked around by applications.
Thanks for the feedback, yes I'm using a .htaccess style login/password on my test site.

When I migrate the production site, I'll just enable the Flash Uploader and quietly see how the community does with it. They love to share pics of their toys ;)

more details:
  • fresh installation
  • default style
  • normal upload works,
  • flash upload works not. (tested with ie8 & firefox 21)
i need the multi imiges upload feature of the flash uploader because i have posts with reports up to 50 images. my members does not like to upload every picture by it owns! :(
some suggestion what's the problem.

Found the solution:

The file .htaccess in my forum folder after the installation of the board:

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Then i removed the # of the first if case:

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

...and oh wonder, it works :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom