XF 1.2 Can't figure this out...

Greeting mates - I'm working with my friends over at AVermedia to help get their forums back up and running, and I'm getting 2 errors lately. They just kind of started out of the blue...

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago

And the other one is basically the same except it's error "-1". They happen frequently. Like, within a couple weeks, there's a couple pages of this error.

I know what 28 typically means...a space issue in the tmp directory...but I checked it..it's only at 4%. I have a cron that empties it..and I'm not out of disk space...can't be that...

I've done everything I could. Uninstalled/disabled addons, reverted templates etc. Nothing is working.

I'm lost here...

I'm with Bluehost. I have limited SSH access.

Literally nothing is above 50% usage. 48% is the highest usage when running df -h.

They've told me the same thing on their end as well...
You technically have, EIG (Endurance International Group). Never heard of them? Don't feel bad, a lot of people are finding this out the hard way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Blue Host, Host Gator and a lot of other known providers are now 1 company. And they're not exactly known for their service or honesty. This 3 part news article may actually answer some of how to best explain EIG http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials/websites-blogs/hostgator-alternatives-eig-pt1.htm

I would suggest you find a new provider. My recommendations are Canspace.ca and KnownHost.com

Perhaps once my year is up. I moved to them on a whim, we needed something immediately and fast, we were forced out of our old host quickly (he went out of business - a friend of mine); and the price was right. We can't really afford the charges of a VPS or anything, lol. We just needed a place where we wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth or space.

We've been with them since like last March and have never had an issue, to be honest. Until like...late october when this started happening.

Any chance this could be attributed to an addon?

Perhaps once my year is up. I moved to them on a whim, we needed something immediately and fast, we were forced out of our old host quickly (he went out of business - a friend of mine); and the price was right. We can't really afford the charges of a VPS or anything, lol. We just needed a place where we wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth or space.

We've been with them since like last March and have never had an issue, to be honest. Until like...late october when this started happening.

Any chance this could be attributed to an addon?
Your error is very telling. The only time you would ever get that error is when you reach a physical limitation. There is no add-on that could cause your error.

I know that is not the news you want to hear, but it is the truth and nothing I say can change that.

What is your budget and how much space do you use?

Eh. I use a grand total of like 10GB of space in all...but I want some breathing room.

I've heard recommendations of Site5....have you heard of them? I read that article you linked and it recommended them.

It's kind of silly...I don't know good web hosts tbh, we hosted the company website with a friend of ours for the longest time.

Eh. I use a grand total of like 10GB of space in all...but I want some breathing room.

I've heard recommendations of Site5....have you heard of them? I read that article you linked and it recommended them.

It's kind of silly...I don't know good web hosts tbh, we hosted the company website with a friend of ours for the longest time.
I have heard of mixed reviews in regarding Site5. Your best best is to checkout webhostingtalk.com for possible hosting solutions. And avoid anything that tries to say they offer "unlimited". Because with that argument, please show me the unlimited hard drive.... I'd like to buy one. lol :P

Your error is very telling. The only time you would ever get that error is when you reach a physical limitation. There is no add-on that could cause your error.

I know that is not the news you want to hear, but it is the truth and nothing I say can change that.

What is your budget and how much space do you use?
So...I need to confirm this with you. Are you absolutely positive that there's no way this could be anything other than a physical issue? There's no way it could be like...a corruption in the files itself?

I ask because I'm about to drop a fair bit of cash on KnownHost.com...

Say...anyone know what this means?:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Got error -1 from storage engine - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, 8 minutes ago

Been getting that too.

Top Bottom