XF 1.3 Can't edit & Delete Attachments

yavuz

Hi,

There is a strange error on my board; it seems that I'm not be able to delete a post attachment. I've double checked the settings didn't change a thing (It was working before)

Maybe one thing might have caused this; there was a problematic add-on that wasn't deleted properly and left a permission set in the permission group. I went to the developer section and deleted that.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this. How can we fix that?

Edit: The error I'm getting is "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

Edit 2: I've also tried my disabling the listeners via config, it still happens.

Last edited:
That should be tied to your ability to edit the post itself. Can you edit the post?

Regular users have these permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups
> Edit post by self
> Time limit on editing/deleting own posts

Moderators have an additional permission for all posts:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators
> Edit post by anyone

That should be tied to your ability to edit the post itself. Can you edit the post?

Regular users have these permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups
> Edit post by self
> Time limit on editing/deleting own posts

Moderators have an additional permission for all posts:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators
> Edit post by anyone

It's not releated to the permissions we have ruled that (with @Andy.N ) out. @xfrocks was so kind and looking into this. He suspected it was due to an add-on. I'll post the details once he is finished.

In the past there have been issues with our add-ons deleting the page and conversation content types due to these content types being introduced into XenForo at a later stage. These issues were fixed in later updates of those add-ons.

As far as I know, other than the NoForo by Waindigo add-on, none of our add-ons have ever modified the post content type though, so it must be to do with a different add-on.

Top Bottom