1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Can't edit & Delete Attachments

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by yavuz, Aug 22, 2014.

1. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Hi,

There is a strange error on my board; it seems that I'm not be able to delete a post attachment. I've double checked the settings didn't change a thing (It was working before)

Maybe one thing might have caused this; there was a problematic add-on that wasn't deleted properly and left a permission set in the permission group. I went to the developer section and deleted that.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this. How can we fix that?

Edit: The error I'm getting is "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

Edit 2: I've also tried my disabling the listeners via config, it still happens.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That should be tied to your ability to edit the post itself. Can you edit the post?

Regular users have these permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups
    > Edit post by self
    > Time limit on editing/deleting own posts

Moderators have an additional permission for all posts:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators
    > Edit post by anyone

3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

It's not releated to the permissions we have ruled that (with @Andy.N ) out. @xfrocks was so kind and looking into this. He suspected it was due to an add-on. I'll post the details once he is finished.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

I suspect some add-on deleted the post content type. Requesting phpMyAdmin access to check for @yavuz. I have seen Waindigo add-on did this once.

yavuz likes this.
  5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

In the past there have been issues with our add-ons deleting the page and conversation content types due to these content types being introduced into XenForo at a later stage. These issues were fixed in later updates of those add-ons.

As far as I know, other than the NoForo by Waindigo add-on, none of our add-ons have ever modified the post content type though, so it must be to do with a different add-on.