Browser issue Can't easily format text in iOS due to selection popup

RobParker

Not sure if this is a bug per se but in iOS when you highlight text it pops up a bubble asking you to select, select all, etc. when you select it then changes to cut, copy, paste, etc but that bubble can block the editor buttons making it very difficult to format the text if you want to change colour, etc.

image.webp

I've never really tried, I don't format my posts as often as some people. It was a guess, but I can see the inconvenience.

It's probably something I'll never do again after testing the editor out but I'm sure I'll get users complaining about it ;-)

I can't really see a solution to this other than to move the buttons away from the text area. Not ideal and would look messy.

Unless there is a way to manipulate the pop up and ensure it loads below the text...

I'm not sure if I can really do much about this. The bar itself is useful so we wouldn't want to suppress it, but we would want to be able to dismiss it.

I don't think moving the buttons is a good solution as it will mess with the expectations in every other situations.

Interesting enough, this problem is not limited to XenForo but Redactor as well. And possibly other WYSIWYG editors with toolbar at the top. :-)

Top Bottom