1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Can't easily format text in iOS due to selection popup

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by RobParker, Jun 4, 2013.

1. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug per se but in iOS when you highlight text it pops up a bubble asking you to select, select all, etc. when you select it then changes to cut, copy, paste, etc but that bubble can block the editor buttons making it very difficult to format the text if you want to change colour, etc.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on "B I U" maybe?
  3. RobParker

That allows you those three but not the more advanced formatting such as colour select, font size, etc.

It's more a slight inconvenience than a real bug though :)
    Jeremy likes this.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've never really tried, I don't format my posts as often as some people. It was a guess, but I can see the inconvenience.
  5. RobParker

It's probably something I'll never do again after testing the editor out but I'm sure I'll get users complaining about it ;-)
  6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I can't really see a solution to this other than to move the buttons away from the text area. Not ideal and would look messy.

Unless there is a way to manipulate the pop up and ensure it loads below the text...
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure if I can really do much about this. The bar itself is useful so we wouldn't want to suppress it, but we would want to be able to dismiss it.

I don't think moving the buttons is a good solution as it will mess with the expectations in every other situations.
  8. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Interesting enough, this problem is not limited to XenForo but Redactor as well. And possibly other WYSIWYG editors with toolbar at the top. :)
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Android/Samsung puts it at the very top of the screen - far more sensible ;)
    Vincent and Steve F like this.