1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Cant Delete Notice!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by RAHSTYLES, Jul 25, 2014.

1. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

I click the red x and even delete notice and it wont delete it just stays there! Is that a bug?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A XenForo Notice or a notification from the add-on you have installed?

3. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

The core xenforo notice... I cant even edit it!! I tried putting html code for google adsense in there to see if it shows up in the box.. but it was blank so i went and tried to delete it and it wont let me delete it.. i even tried to change the words int eh box and it keeps reverting back to the google adsense codes... i can oonly disable it.. i cant delete it

4. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

I noticed taht it lets me delete that old notice i have bu tnot the one with the google adsense... its undeletable for some reason

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm going to guess that the notice is named based on it containing advertising and that you have an adblocker installed.

6. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

I dont have no add blocker add on... And i have no idea what your talking abuot im just trying to delete it

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Upload a screenshot of the notice, and upload a screenshot of your list of Notices.

8. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

Untitled.png

its only this one i cannot delete.. I tried to put google adsense code in there and it didnt show up so i wanted to delete it

9. Chris D

The script code in the message is possibly executing.

Replace the Message text with "HELLO" and save notice.

Then, go back in and delete.

10. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

I cant even replace it cause when i click on save it wont...

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

12. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

LOL.. fixed.. after i disabled it.. Thanks boss... At first i didnt know what you where talking about... I didnt know my browser could effect xenforo!!

So i guess.. adsense wont work in the notice?

13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Why are you adding adsense to a notice instead of using the built-in ad-templates in XenForo?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/visual-list-of-ad-locations.1383/

14. Chris D

Well it might... but you wouldn't know if it is if you have a tool in your browser blocking ads...

15. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

Well thanks for that info but im not that smart.. I dont know which box to put the adsense

16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The FAQ in my signature has the details.