Browser issue Can't delete members from search page

Black Tiger

Affected version
Using Users -> Search. Ticking "rejected users" (but also happens with other options) and click search.
Multiple users will be displayed.
Click the trash tray next to a user. Browser (Firefox) pops up a block that I have to send the information again, So I click the button.
Then instead of getting the deletion question block (with rename or not rename user) I get the userpage like I opened it and have to delete the user from there again.

I can only partially reproduce this and it doesn't block the delete itself from going through.

Clicking the "delete" icon pops up an overlay as I'd expect (with the rename option). Only when I click that do I get the "Firefox must send information that will repeat any action..." message. Clicking resend there will reload the page and show that the user has been deleted.

It's worth mentioning that if you do a user search and it only returns one user, we take you directly to their profile. So in a situation like I described, if you had two users that matched your search and you deleted one, the next page could take you to the remaining user's profile (not the one you just deleted). There isn't likely to be a particularly simple way of fixing that in this scenario short of just removing the single match special case.

So in your report, you seem to suggest you get the "Firefox must send information..." message before you confirm the user deletion. Is that correct or is what I'm seeing what you're seeing as well?

In terms of implementation, I don't think we can stop Firefox from triggering that message in this case. And it's also really the only way to maintain the search result parameters with how this system works at least. (It's worth mentioning that Chrome doesn't appear to display a message but it does retrigger the POST/search as expected.)

So in your report, you seem to suggest you get the "Firefox must send information..." message before you confirm the user deletion. Is that correct or is what I'm seeing what you're seeing as well?
On multiple users, I get the same you are seeing, so on clicking delete, the overlay popus up, asking renaming or not. When I click that, then I get the same message you are getting instead of instantly delete. When clicking resent, the user will be deleted.

At a certain point I had it exactly how I described, that the user was not deleted, but I was redirected after the resend, but I was redirected to the users main page. However I can not reproduce that anymore at this moment.

But it would already help if the "firefox must resend information" message would be prevented from triggering.
I didn't test with Chrome yet. Have to check my test installation because when using Chrome I'm redirected to my main installation which is not good.

Top Bottom