XF 1.4 Cannot uninstall addon

m1ne

Hey all.

So I cannot remove my last remaining plugin from *cough*********cough*.
I've removed the code event listeners (all of them I think) and removed the folder in /library - what can I do now?
Gonna tag @HWS as you helped a lot in that thread, and @Xon as you're super smart and like helping ;)

Thanks!

Oh, I did use Waindigo's addon. Forum seems to be fine.
Last thing to do is remove the addon from the addon list, how can I do that?

Yep, that's exactly the way I did it. With or without the library files, the uninstall fails. Something about connecting to ******* server.

Is it possible that some event listeners are hidden too? There's no mention of ******* on the page, but maybe they are elsewhere?

If you've removed the files, it won't work because XenForo requires the uninstall callback be present to uninstall.

You'll have to either:
  • Restore the files for that add-on
  • Enable debug mode, and edit the add-on to remove the uninstall callback
  • Remove the uninstall callback by editing the add-on directly in the database
Liam

You mean the uninstallation code here?

Screenshot2015-06-06at00.00.16.png

This is the same issue Mike Creuzer had too, I think because his licence was revoked or had expired. With the files present, I still cannot uninstall because it makes a callback to his server and stops me.

You may have to manually search through your database tables,
ie; xf_admin_log , xf_admin_template_log ; xf_template ; xf_template_history ; xf_template_modification_log ..

Time consuming yes , a pain in the but yes .... but it works..

Yes. Remove the values from the uninstallation code boxes and hit the save button.

Liam

Thanks, it's uninstalling now. I guess I'll have to find any leftovers in the DB myself.

You may have to manually search through your database tables,
ie; xf_admin_log , xf_admin_template_log ; xf_template ; xf_template_history ; xf_template_modification_log ..

Time consuming yes , a pain in the but yes .... but it works..

Will do, thanks.

Top Bottom