1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cannot uninstall addon

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Solidus, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Hey all.

So I cannot remove my last remaining plugin from *cough*********cough*.
    I've removed the code event listeners (all of them I think) and removed the folder in /library - what can I do now?
    Gonna tag @HWS as you helped a lot in that thread, and @Xon as you're super smart and like helping ;)

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Xon and Solidus like this.
  3. Solidus

Oh, I did use Waindigo's addon. Forum seems to be fine.
    Last thing to do is remove the addon from the addon list, how can I do that?
  4. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

This should also be done before removing /library/*******. Just select the add-on controls and choose "Uninstall".
  5. Solidus

Yep, that's exactly the way I did it. With or without the library files, the uninstall fails. Something about connecting to ******* server.
  6. Solidus

Is it possible that some event listeners are hidden too? There's no mention of ******* on the page, but maybe they are elsewhere?
  7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

If you've removed the files, it won't work because XenForo requires the uninstall callback be present to uninstall.

You'll have to either:
    • Restore the files for that add-on
    • Enable debug mode, and edit the add-on to remove the uninstall callback
    • Remove the uninstall callback by editing the add-on directly in the database
  8. Solidus

You mean the uninstallation code here?

9. Solidus

This is the same issue Mike Creuzer had too, I think because his licence was revoked or had expired. With the files present, I still cannot uninstall because it makes a callback to his server and stops me.
  10. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Yes. Remove the values from the uninstallation code boxes and hit the save button.

worrorfight and Solidus like this.
  11. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

You may have to manually search through your database tables,
    ie; xf_admin_log , xf_admin_template_log ; xf_template ; xf_template_history ; xf_template_modification_log ..

Time consuming yes , a pain in the but yes .... but it works..
  12. Solidus

Thanks, it's uninstalling now. I guess I'll have to find any leftovers in the DB myself.

Will do, thanks.
  13. worrorfight

worrorfight Member

This was very helpful, this one add-on wouldn't let me uninstall and taking out that uninstaller code from the box worked perfectly!

Thanks Liam :)