XF 2.1 Cannot stop user sending Conversations

Jon12345

I have a group called Super-Troll Quarantine. In this group, I have the following settings:

1582891147618.webp

Today, I just got a message from them, continuing the conversation with me. But I hoped the above would stop them from being able to send Conversation messages. I notice there is nothing in those options to say they can't continue to send messages on an existing conversation. Is there no way to stop them from using the Conversation feature totally?

No, there is not in the core. But @Xon's free Conversation Improvements addon does add that permission.

Edit: that was for XF1, this is for XF2,

Thanks for the recommendation. This is for 2.1: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-improvements-by-xon.6553/

I am trying to keep my addons down if possible, and it is only really one member who I want to limit. I want to see all his posts in the forum sections, but just stop them from constantly emailing me. If I choose Ignore, will that mean I can't see all their forum posts too?

If you leave the conversation he can no longer reply to you.

Well then you inbetween a rock and hard place. Only two ways I know of to stop replies to a existing conversation is leave it, or with that addon.

Just want a free simple solution. I am surprised it is not in the permissions for vanilla Xenforo, to be honest. e.g. Cannot use Conversations: Yes, No!

Top Bottom