Can you tag keywords

Chuck

I am a little curious about nodes. I am looking to transfer my board and I do not need any sub-forums. I only need one General Discussions forum. I would like to set up a tagging system that lists a whole bunch of keywords on the page so people can see which keywords have new threads about them. Would the Nodes system work for something like this or does it only work with organizing sub-forums? Is there an add-on or mod that I would need to do to set up a tagging system.

Xenforo's enhanced search is (IMO) powerful enough that it makes a tagging system unnecessary, though I'm sure if you asked a coder they would gladly come up with a tagging system for you as a custom mod.

I am a little curious about nodes. I am looking to transfer my board and I do not need any sub-forums. I only need one General Discussions forum. I would like to set up a tagging system that lists a whole bunch of keywords on the page so people can see which keywords have new threads about them. Would the Nodes system work for something like this or does it only work with organizing sub-forums? Is there an add-on or mod that I would need to do to set up a tagging system.

I agree, google has completely spoiled me with "Labels" like tags, I've come to be reliant on user based tagging (not keywords an admin dictates) for organising data and usability.

Yup my bad, forgot the search in there. Edited! But in all seriousness, the enhanced search can even find single-letter keywords, and that's a first for commercial forum software I believe.

On my site, people discuss a camera called the "Pentax Q". Since vBulletin's search is terrible, when members type in "q" in the search box on my vb site, they are shown threads tagged with tags containing "Q" instead. On my new xF site, if you type in Q the standard search will give you relevant results right out of the box...

Really makes me want to develop a vbulletin elasticsearch implementation ;)

Top Bottom