Can you Password a Forum section?

So you're saying it's going to be much more effective to give some of your forum members a special password that they can potentially leak out and give to other forum members?

What's the criteria for getting access to this forum?

You must have some way of disseminating a password to them so there must be some way of identifying them. Is it post count, trophy points, registration date, their age?

In my mind giving a password out to individuals is no different to giving some of them a special user group.

If you're more clear on exactly what you want to achieve and why we may be able to advise a way to automate it.

Well I stand corrected.

But I still think usergroup permissions are way more effective.

Thanks ragtek.

It would be really useful if xfrocks put that add-on in the Resource Manager with a more descriptive name.

So you're saying it's going to be much more effective to give some of your forum members a special password that they can potentially leak out and give to other forum members?

What's the criteria for getting access to this forum?

You must have some way of disseminating a password to them so there must be some way of identifying them. Is it post count, trophy points, registration date, their age?

In my mind giving a password out to individuals is no different to giving some of them a special user group.

If you're more clear on exactly what you want to achieve and why we may be able to advise a way to automate it.
No, basically it's a password protected room where anyone can have the password if they want to join into the discussion or not, because the room is basically a 'Flame' room for heated debates.

So that add-on allows ANY moderator to set/remove passwords. Is there a way I can edit this to check that only users of that specific forum can set/alter the password?

EDIT: Never mind, this add-on works very well.

Top Bottom