XF 2.2 Can you include search results on a page node?

ekool

I'm wanting to create a page node with some widgets, some custom HTML and some search results. Let's say I want the page node to include 20 search results for a specific keyword(s). Is this possible?

Yes. Create a Search Forum and then call that forum into a New Threads/Posts widget. You can set it so this forum does not display in the forum list. Then you have a search results widget.

Last edited:
Yes. Create a Search Forum and then call that forum into a New Threads/Posts widget. You can set it so this forum does not display in the forum list. Then you have a search results widget.

I didn't even know there was a search forum. I created it, but there is nowhere to enter the search terms I want to search for. You can specify all kinds of criteria for the threads, but not keywords to search for?

It appears I can only specify words that appear in the title.. it would be perfect if I could specify things to search for in the posts.

Last edited:
I'm wanting to create a page node with some widgets, some custom HTML and some search results.
... this would work to get your search function and/or results onto the page node.

... this would work to get your search function and/or results onto the page node.

I want to use the Xenforo search, not Google search.

Back
Top Bottom