1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Xenforo use Headjs to further improve speed?

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Andy.N, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

This looks very promising. Maybe Xenforo folks can see if anything can be further optimized?
  2. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

I was considering playing with it too as soon as I have a free moment.... It is still experimental but very interesting
    krstep and Floris like this.
  3. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looks interesting. Perhaps something to investigate for 1.1.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

That sounds great. Can't wait to see XF takes advantage of all the best technology of the 21 century ;)
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

I miss 1999 :(

That's it :D
    Enter the maze of img content here :D :D
  6. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

I find it a bit ironic that a script which purpose is to decrease loading time throws in the kitchen sink along with it. The other stuff (i.e., CSS, screen size detection, etc.) would be better suited as a separate library, imo. There's also LABjs, yepnope (which is a wrapper around LABjs) and RequireJS (which includes a module system, and is available as a jQuery plugin). If you actually just wanted feature detection, there's Modernizer as well.

Edit: ah, apparently the loader can be used standalone now in the latest version, though there are still a number of issues.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Now that you are working on 1.1, time to remind you about this ;)

Kier said he would consider it. So hopefully you can take a look as well.