Can xenForo run on this shared hosting?

msibm

Yesterday I converted the forum from vBulletin 3.8.5 to xenForo 1.5.4. Then many visitors say they can't visit the forum normallly. The notice of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET occurs some often in the browser. The server information is as following. BTW, it runs vBulletin and phpBB very well. Should I upgrade it to VPS?

server information.webp

You should have absolutely no problem running xF on any decent shared host. I can't see the first pic very well (can't enlarge it for some reason), but it looks like the partition your host is using (or has assigned to you) for optimumcache is 100% full.

rebooting your server might help!

And you should disable delayed sql. It does more harm than good.

Reactions: rdn
Should I upgrade it to VPS?

Or just a better shared host would work too. The screenshot is small to see, but it appears space is full and resource usage is high from what I can see squinting, appearing to look like they oversell their servers.

Clicking on the thumbnail will show you the full screenshot. Looks like your partition for OptimumCache is full, not the entire disk

Combine any decent shared hosting with cloudflare.com and you should be good. Really good.

How so? If the server's directory is full and not serving pages, how is Cloudflare going to help? By showing a cached copy of the page? That's silly.

How so? If the server's directory is full and not serving pages, how is Cloudflare going to help? By showing a cached copy of the page? That's silly.
Read again. I said combine Cloudflare with any decent shared hosting. In some cases it works better than having a VPS or even dedicated server.

70-80% contents are static and they are served through CF, which is now having 74 data centers.

I am not affiliated with CF in anyway, but I am using CF for almost all my sites for around two years I guess. And I have very good experience with CF overall. CDN, Optimization on the fly and security are a few of them.

Reactions: rdn
Why hate CF? :)

Not hating. We're a CF optimized partner. ;)

Just very confused by why an ad for CF is in this thread, when the OP is trying to fix his problem, and is specifically asking if xF can run on his specific shared hosting. The whole "just use CF" has absolutely no place at all in this thread. I could say that xF can be run on a dedicated server, a VPS, use a CDN. You could even put xF on a satellite and beam it back to Earth!! But what in the world does that have to do with what the OP was asking?

Top Bottom