Can we have a xf 2.1 category in the resources please ?

We've coped ok so far. We do have a lot of customers who have upgraded already, of course. Plus the process is mostly the same as it was, again, for 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1...

Yeah, fair enough. Although I imagine they'd get more use if they were in a more prominent position. They just seem so lonely all tiny hidden away in the deep dark depths of the footer. If it was more exposed you might get more people willing to contribute.

I kind of miss having the help icon in the menu too, IIRC it used to be there in 1.x, but somewhere along the line it was removed. It can be really useful to members to have easy access to a comprehensive help section, now it requires template edits if you just want a small icon similar to this.

@Chris D

Are you recommending we drop support for 2.0.x where it is needed?

I'm asking because there are going to be people that will be slow to upgrade and leaving them out in the cold might not be a good idea.
Yes, apart from security updates.

If anyone stays on XF 2.0 they will be using a version which is no longer receiving maintenance updates.

I don’t want to labour the point too much but this is exactly the same scenario in the past for previous second point releases such as XF 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2 and 1.1...

The, "there is nothing to fix" and "oh the pain" comments in response to a legitimate suggestion sound like the same sort of arrogance which led many customers away from vBulletin.

I am one of those still stuck on 1.x. Honestly, I do not see what benefits my users gain in terms of features or functions. Likewise, there is a real cost to me as an admin as I have to re-purchase many of the add-ons while others are simply no longer available. 2.x may have mad life easier for developers but I still struggle, after all this time, to see the benefit to someone running a not for profit forum or for the users of said forums.

Top Bottom