Third party Can not search Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I can't understand this sentence, you can use the vernacular, or Chinese? thank you.
中日韩也许不会成Xen销售的目标市场,他们重点只是关注英语国家。所以他们没有动力去改进CJK搜索的问题。如果Xen能意识到中日韩市场对其销售的重要性,他们一定会去改进CJK搜索。
但是从目前Xen的官方回复来看,他们应该是没有动力去改进这个问题。

Facts about vBulletin should not be debated here. Customers will always see things from a different perspective and try to argue otherwise with what the licensor/developer sees.

We should work together on figuring out technical implementations to make CJK search possible and effective on XenForo. Anyone interested in taking on technical works towards this goal can feel free to contact me.

Other discussions about what vBulletin is or isn't should not be further discussed.

1、I just want to tell XF CJK searching is very necessary.Many CJK people would like to pay for the license if the forum support the CJK well.
2、Many people feel very disappointed on vbb4,and they are still using other people's Chinese searching technology.
3、I am sure XF has the ability to work this out.

1、I just want to tell XF CJK searching is very necessary.Many CJK people would like to pay for the license if the forum support the CJK well.
2、Many people feel very disappointed on vbb4,and they are still using other people's Chinese searching technology.
3、I am sure XF has the ability to work this out.
See the second post of this thread :)

Thanks for Andy's long technical passages.That's helpful.
The failure of opening the Chinese market by vBulletin demonstrated that they ignore China market and they didn't show due working service and respects to Chinese customers who bought the license.Chinese admins bought the same license as U.K. guys had but they got different after-sale service.Does vBulletin team issue the Chinese languages package timely?Does vBulletin team answer questions from Chinese customers promptly and efficiently?That's the fact.
I admit that Discuz and Phpwind are the dominant platforms in China right now.That's because many foreign forum packages(vBulletin/IPB etc.) were designed for none-CJK countries and they did intend to cater to the requirements from CJK users.How can you image a product not designed for China users can sell well in China markets?Many Chinese admins still like to pay for the license due to its stability and safety compared with Discuz,even though they can't support CJK searching well.
I'm sure Xen can have a bright prospect in China if Xen can give more considerations to CJK users.At least CJK would be its aimed markets and they didn't intend to design Xen for non-CJK countries only.
Whatever,I will pay for Xen since it's really an creative forum platform to me.

I am among one who bought vB from England. I want to bought from China, but the link in China site is directed to England. For nearly a month, I can't setup my forum. I ann't access China site for support. In Englan site:"We don't support Chinese. Go to tbxxxx.cn.". In China site, :"For anyone bought from Eng., ask them transfer your customership to China." When I saw a post in vB supporting site about xenforo, I decided give up vB. Even use SMF, no more vB.

不论是vbb还是XenForo,在中国市场上应该没有太大的发展空间的。所以解决cjk问题对开发团队来说完全是个没有任何经济意义的事情。也许还是和vbb一样用一个相对而言更好的搜索来解决了。

Now is the 21st century, I believe this problem will be solved very well, as a JAVA programmers, I had never been troubled by full-text search.:)

我购买了vBulletin的授权,但是可惜的是现在vB 4太难用了,而且Discuz和phpwind也不好,看好了XF,如果能解决中文搜索问题,还发布中文语言包我会买一套。

关于盗版的问题,这个地球上都有,如果哪些网站稍微做的大一点他们会购买授权的。

Chinese admins bought the same license as U.K. guys had but they got different after-sale service
Well no, they didn't. They paid a significantly lower price for what is, in effect, a totally different product. Hence the different service.

Well no, they didn't. They paid a significantly lower price for what is, in effect, a totally different product. Hence the different service.
之前付了和英文版相同价格的用户也无法享受正常的待遇,甚至vBulletin Solutions都不承认哪些是正版用户,这有怎么解释?

Anyway, this isn't the right place for that discussion - this is/was a bug report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom