Can not make new threads

Adam Howard

So I have 2 members (only 2) who claim they are unable to make new threads.

I've tested my site using
  • Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Waterfox
  • Apple Safari (Windows and Apple)
  • Chromium
  • Opera
  • Camino
  • Sea Monkey

And while I do not support it (at all), I even successfully used Internet Explorer (without issue).

And it all works for me without issue. I also invited a few other administrators to check things out and they too had no issue. (y)

Yet I have 2 people who keep pestering me that something is wrong (one of them is a staff member, but has no computer skills herself, which is what I suspect the issue is for her).

PHP:
User name:  Test-VB
Password: test-this-please

If someone wouldn't mind checking things out and confirming what I (and other suspect), that everything is working as it should and this must be an isolated issue (for those 2)

See log-in details above
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/tags-help.13690/

I fixed this issue on my site for most members who had that issue by loading jquery locally, instead of choosing google as a cdn in admincp/options/performance. Don't ask me why it fixed their problem because i don't know. Just make sure they refresh everything and it may take awhile for the change to register on your server (i don't know why that is either).

I fixed this issue on my site for most members who had that issue by loading jquery locally, instead of choosing google as a cdn in admincp/options/performance. Don't ask me why it fixed their problem because i don't know. Just make sure they refresh everything and it may take awhile for the change to register on your server (i don't know why that is either).
I've been hosting jquery locally for over a month. So that's not the issue.

I've had similar issue with 1 user, told her to clear her browser cache (pointed to this page for instructions), she cleared it and was able to post again.
I had one of them actually install and run Ccleaner (which deletes all temp and junk files, not just internet temps and cookies).

But that is a useful link to pass along, just in case.

I'd think it'd the jquery... but you are already doing what I'd recommend...
Something is not up to date on their PC. I know I have the same exact issues, from time to time, for any users who are viewing my site from a PS3 browser. PS3 browser is outdated and so the site doesn't always work. The biggest issue is the inability to post a new thread or reply.

Get her to test post on another Xenforo forum - that should make it clear to her that it's her side not the forums. :\

I'd think it'd the jquery... but you are already doing what I'd recommend...
Something is not up to date on their PC. I know I have the same exact issues, from time to time, for any users who are viewing my site from a PS3 browser. PS3 browser is outdated and so the site doesn't always work. The biggest issue is the inability to post a new thread or reply.

Get her to test post on another Xenforo forum - that should make it clear to her that it's her side not the forums. :\

I know for a fact one of them is using an older version of Internet Explorer. I've asked her several times, what version is she using and either she is ignoring the question or mistakenly forgets to reply.

The other user "claims" to be switching between Google Chrome and Firefox, but her issues and her answers to my questions, would suggest either her PC is infected with something or she's using something so old, it would be impossible to help her.

Top Bottom