XF 1.5 Can not login forum ( A server error occurred. Please try again later.)

ngannguyen

Hi all,

We can not login our forum , issue display "A server error occurred. Please try again later."
We tried to repair table "xf_session" but it can not be fixed (The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair)
We decided to truncate table "xf_session", but problem still exists
What will we do now ?

Thanks

At this point it would be wild guessing why the login page doesn't work. Could be related to PHP (apache/nginx), the web config, addon related or even forum configs. Or maybe even related to Friendly URL's. Is there anyway you can request the logs by whomever maintains the server? It would be a lot quicker to find and troubleshoot the issue.

Last edited:
Hi, i am facing the same issue, after i disabled a robot add on and untick the friendly url, and now i am not able to open the control panel, is there any way i can resolve the issue?

Thank you.

Thanks for replying,
I did try what you said, but it did not work, there were two config.php file under library (i.e config.php and config.php.default) i tried putting the line in both the file, but it did not work for me, and i thought of checking the server log folder and there is thousand of these

[05-Feb-2021 19:03:15 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/forumname/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 1441.

it looks like these are generated every seconds.

Last edited:
Hi, i found the solution, the problem was, the current php version did not support my forum, so i had to downgrade the php version. Hope this answer helps others as well who has the same issue.
Thank you.

Top Bottom