XF 1.2 Can i use same email for many user registration

I have no idea why you want to use the same email address for multiple accounts but you can however use Gmail's delimiter (+ plus sign) for aliases to create additional email addresses that point to the same mailbox.

davb+1@gmail.com, davb+2@gmail.com, davb+3@gmail.com... davb+100@gmail.com all point to davb@gmail.com.

However, there is a common design flaw where quite a few websites don't allow the use of the + character to be used in an email address field, this is wrong and the + character is a valid character as set in the standard RFC 822.

I'm not sure if XenForo allows the use of the plus sign delimiter, I can test this for you later but I'm sure somebody else will be able to clarify this in the mean time.

I have no idea why you want to use the same email address for multiple accounts but you can however use Gmail's delimiter (+ plus sign) for aliases to create additional email addresses that point to the same mailbox.

davb+1@gmail.com, davb+2@gmail.com, davb+3@gmail.com... davb+100@gmail.com all point to davb@gmail.com.

However, there is a common design flaw where quite a few websites don't allow the use of the + character to be used in an email address field, this is wrong and the + character is a valid character as set in the standard RFC 822.

I'm not sure if XenForo allows the use of the plus sign delimiter, I can test this for you later but I'm sure somebody else will be able to clarify this in the mean time.
Thanks for the idea

Top Bottom