MG 2.2 Can I restrict downloads by usergroup, or specific images?

Mikethemix

I would like to add download restrictions to prevent copyright infringement of particularly sensitive images.
Can this be done for certain images eg those posted by a specific user?
Could we prevent users downloading specific images?
Could we prevent users taking screen grab of specific images?
Could we add a watermark to downloaded images - eg all those posted by a specific user or specific images?

Thoughts very welcome.
Regards, Mike

Can this be done for certain images eg those posted by a specific user?
No.

Could we prevent users downloading specific images?
Only by preventing access to the images.

Could we prevent users taking screen grab of specific images?
No.

Could we add a watermark to downloaded images - eg all those posted by a specific user or specific images?
The watermark option is global and applies to all uploaded images.

Presumably you own the copyright*

Then you can control downloading via the forum/permissions. But you can't control screenshots - only take legal action if someone consequently publishes you images.

* If you don't own the copyright then they shouldn't be on your forum in the first place (unless they are public domain of course)

Many thanks.
Yes, the owner of the copyright will be the one posting the images. It is they that are seeking protection.

Then you can control downloading via the forum/permissions.
Does that apply to Categories in Media Gallery?
It would be great if I could control that.
Please explain how.
Regards,
Mike

Then you can control downloading via the forum/permissions. But you can't control screenshots - only take legal action if someone consequently publishes you images.
I don't think XFMG permissions will prevent this itself. If you can see the full size image, you can still download.

Top Bottom