Can I put an individual thread on moderation?

Steve Freides

I see there is at least one add-on to show moderated threads, but it is not clear to me if the ability to have a post/thread be subject to moderation is built-in or I need an add-on for that.

To be specific, I have a thread on my forum that I would like to treat as if it was a user on moderation, IOW, every time someone submits a new reply, I will see it in the moderation queue regardless of the person's on-moderation-or-not status. _Watch_ing a thread doesn't do enough for me here - I need to catch some replies and not allow them.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and if this is possible, please enlighten me as to whether this is an ACP thing or something I can do on the forum. I tried the latter but don't see where I might accomplish this.

Again, thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-

@AndyB, we have purchased a package of add-ons from you, but I don't deal with installing them and don't have a list - does what StrongFirst bought from you include this functionality? I saw mention that you have an add-on related to seeing these.

Thanks much.

-S-

With AndyB it's simple: you buy its premium subscription and you have access to ALL (+400) of its add-ons so if one of them suits what you are looking for then you have access to it and you can install it.

With AndyB it's simple: you buy its premium subscription and you have access to ALL (+400) of its add-ons so if one of them suits what you are looking for then you have access to it and you can install it.
Can you point me to a list of all the add-ons? Or tell me if what I'm looking for is in the package - we are already subscribers to it.

I don't have the list and I can't install them - I have to tell our developer what I want and he will install it.

-S-

Can you point me to a list of all the add-ons? Or tell me if what I'm looking for is in the package - we are already subscribers to it.

I don't have the list and I can't install them - I have to tell our developer what I want and he will install it.

-S-

Message Andy and describe what you're looking for and if he has something he can tell you which addon you need to install.

I'm afraid I don't understand what a "moderated thread" is in this context, even though that's what I'd call what I want to do. Does "show moderated threads" mean show all threads that moderator has acted on or changed in some way?

-S-

I'm afraid I don't understand what a "moderated thread" is in this context, even though that's what I'd call what I want to do. Does "show moderated threads" mean show all threads that moderator has acted on or changed in some way?

-S-
A moderated post or thread means that the item is not visible to members (unless in a group that expressly gives them that permission) until approved by an Administrator or designated Moderators.

A moderated post or thread means that the item is not visible to members (unless in a group that expressly gives them that permission) until approved by an Administrator or designated Moderators.
Not for this specific add-on.

It seems this add-on shows locked/unlocked or soft-deleted threads.

Top Bottom