XF 1.2 Can I make Watched Threads default to "All?"

Okuma Steve

Is there a setting somewhere that would allow me to set the default view for "watched threads" to show all of them and not just unread ones?

Also is there a way to make "What's New?" show all threads since I was last on?

I just don't like threads being removed from the list after I read them, and I like to be able to see my own threads at the top of "What's New?" right after I create them.

Thanks

For the watched threads, you can find the following in the navigation template:
Code:
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>

Replace it with:
Code:
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads/all'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>

In the same template, find:
Code:
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Replace it with:
Code:
                        <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, "", "recent=1"}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Is there a setting somewhere that would allow me to set the default view for "watched threads" to show all of them and not just unread ones?
Good idea.
and maybe with an option for just unread.

Also is there a way to make "What's New?" show all threads since I was last on?

I just don't like threads being removed from the list after I read them, and I like to be able to see my own threads at the top of "What's New?" right after I create them.

Change the What's New link to : http://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts?recent=1 ?

For the watched threads, you can find the following in the navigation template:
Code:
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>

Replace it with:
Code:
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads/all'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>

In the same template, find:
Code:
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Replace it with:
Code:
                        <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, "", "recent=1"}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Hey Jeremy, the first one worked great but the second one only changed the "new posts" button and not the "What's New" button, but I was able to figure out how to change it as it is in the same template.

Thanks!

Where do you have a "What's New" button? That doesn't come default in 1.2 and was replaced by New Posts.

It's right next to my "Forums" button at the top, similar to vbulletin 4. I started with xenforo 1.1 maybe? Was it in there by default? I know I've upgraded twice since starting this particular forum.

I'm about to start another forum and didn't realize the what's new button was gone, how I can I add it back in on my new forum?

It's right next to my "Forums" button at the top, similar to vbulletin 4. I started with xenforo 1.1 maybe? Was it in there by default? I know I've upgraded twice since starting this particular forum.

I'm about to start another forum and didn't realize the what's new button was gone, how I can I add it back in on my new forum?

Top Bottom