The homepage is very important.
The forums, as long as the look is the same, we can work with, but the magazine style homepage is a MUST.
Can some people weigh in and make me feel better about possibly taking this step?
Bart listed the following requirements:
Long list of requirements though;
- Full time, professional development team
- Active 24 hour forums and support
- CMS magazine style homepage
- Fast (I mean really fast)
- Tapatalk compatible
- mobile functionality built in
- ability to upload up to 100 photo files per post (gallery in a photo in a post would be great)
- Photo browser to view collections of photos within a post without having to click-view-close each one individually
- Robust registration spam control
- integration with mass email services (MailChimp would be nice)
- username character flexibility (to include spaces, period, underscore, ampersand, etc.)
- can display thumbnails or full size photos within a post
- instant or digest email notifications of subscriptions
- real-time new posts list (doesn't need refresh to remain updated)
- can turn subscription and message notifications off
- users can start groups (private or public) and have friends designated and displayed on their profile pages
- centralized control of account settings
- Forum groups can be hidden and displayed separately via a link to another page
- video embedding in post
- individual users can be designated moderator status for individual sub-forum
- integration with advertising management software
- multi-quote support
- guest can read forum content but not see photo attachments
- manageable back end for new Admin guy (me)
- control of edit parameters for members
- achievement based user titles
- users can flag spam and inappropriate posts
And all of this is needed, but the LOOK is super important as well.
If there are any developers that can help this happen please contact me.
We need to have the new site flawless before we convert the members.