Can I Limit Access like this ?

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all,

Expert Pixels | Expertpixels.com is finally coming to life on my localhost but at the time of writing this Ive only got the main forum page styled, I am working around the clock to ensure it will be complete for 2014 but i was considering installing just XF for now on my domain and allowing registrations.

So with the above said, would it be possible to just allow registrations but limit access to only the forums page ?

The reason i am asking is that my domain is aged and i released some work a long time ago under the expert pixels branding and am also getting a lot of general enquirers so if possible i would like to capitalize on this... Any advise on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren

Basically I just want to be able to allow people to register on my site but have no access to any pages / addons or even the forums. This would just be until i do configure my site and have it in a state where people can become active if they wish.

Sorry for not being very clear.

Darren

Basically I just want to be able to allow people to register on my site but have no access to any pages / addons or even the forums. This would just be until i do configure my site and have it in a state where people can become active if they wish.

Sorry for not being very clear.

Darren
You would have to change all the permissions than to stop them posting etc...

Allow registration but set the permissions for the Registered user group to Not Set (No) for everything except View.

That won't stop them accessing various other parts of the site though.

If you're going to allow registration then it seems a bit pointless if you're going to block newly registered members from everything.

Allow registration but set the permissions for the Registered user group to Not Set (No) for everything except View.

That won't stop them accessing various other parts of the site though.

If you're going to allow registration then it seems a bit pointless if you're going to block newly registered members from everything.

Yes i understand this, It was more the fact that i probably wont be ready for people to use the site until Jan the 1st 2014 the thing is i contributed to a design for another platform recently and the other designer has gone on a rather big marketing campaign and my site / domain is getting a lot of interest as ive promised designs for the other platform also..

It's no big deal I was just wondering if i could capture some registrations now and email them once the site was configured correctly. I may actually throw a install up and then just import the users credentials once the live install is ready / configured.. Would this method be ok ?

Thanks again.

Yes i understand this, It was more the fact that i probably wont be ready for people to use the site until Jan the 1st 2014 the thing is i contributed to a design for another platform recently and the other designer has gone on a rather big marketing campaign and my site / domain is getting a lot of interest as ive promised designs for the other platform also..

It's no big deal I was just wondering if i could capture some registrations now and email them once the site was configured correctly. I may actually throw a install up and then just import the users credentials once the live install is ready / configured.. Would this method be ok ?

Thanks again.
How about adding a static page on your forum with the options to leave there email address etc..

Thanks for your assistance everyone :) Didn't mean to trouble anyone and it may end up being rather pointless.. A fellow designer is running his advertising campaigns tonight and my website will get some traffic of the targeted from a very similar /related project so i am just trying to capitalize on this.

Cheers Xencored !! , but the advise above may actually work in a similar manner and have more effect.. Might get a splash page up soon that has a email input area for interested parties.

Darren

Top Bottom