Can I be able to uninstall XenForo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First: IF I had installed the Xenforo on my website in inappropriate place, then can I be able to uninstall it?

Second: After purchasing my Xenforo forum, I will have its standalone setup?

Third:
While chatting a a staff at a web-hosting service, he asked me which script I will need to install on my website while asking him I want to install a XenForo forum software on my website. Thus, is XenForo is considered a script or forum software?

Also, he said It depends on the script I want to host, and he gave me::
http://www.arvixe.com/xenforo_hosting

Finally: He said below, I can add that forum software XenForo as an addon onto my website??? But this is not installing of XenForo?

If you subscribe for (2) you will get one free domain registration
You can do so
You can add that forum as an addon
forum.yourdomain.com

First: IF I had installed the Xenforo on my website in inappropriate place, then can I be able to uninstall it?
Just delete it.
Second: After purchasing my Xenforo forum, I will have its standalone setup?
I don't get it.
Third: While chatting a a staff at a web-hosting service, he asked me which script I will need to install on my website while asking him I want to install a XenForo forum software on my website. Thus, is XenForo is considered a script or forum software?
Yes it is.

You can remove it as many times as you want. You just have to delete the files and the DB in mySQL.

Once you purchase it and install on a qualified hosting plan it is a standalone setup.

Answer to the third question is Yes.
It's script that is a forum software package.

What do you mean "as an addon to your website". You install it and it becomes a website. If you have WordPress or a landing page then the install is different.

Is this guy licensed? He has been asking support questions for some time and if i remember correctly he was informed that once he purchases his license all the support would be provided? @Brogan

I don't think the's licensed... and most of the questions he asks are better addressed at a website administration forum (which he participates in) but I guess he is interested in XenForo.
I think he needs to spend a lot more time in the library and researching his generic questions in the appropriate sites.

Just delete it.

I don't get it.

I mean that I will have the XenForo forum software package as a ziped file, and whenever I need to install it again, then I will unzip this file, or there is no a standlone file can be downloaded.

You can remove it as many times as you want. You just have to delete the files and the DB in mySQL.
Then can I consider as though it is a program installed on my Windows 7 which can be installed and reinstalled again into my website hosting in the a web-hosting service?

All forum software are Script. However, when I looked up in the word 'script', I found out the script word, the written form of a speech, play, film etc .the set of letters that are used in writing a language

What do you mean "as an addon to your website". You install it and it becomes a website. If you have WordPress or a landing page then the install is different.

I meant what the staff at a web-hosting service meant:: that the forum will be installed as an add-on, like adding an addon into a browser.

If you subscribe for (2 domain names) you will get one free domain registration
You can do so
You can add that forum as an addon
forum.yourdomain.com

Is this guy licensed? He has been asking support questions for some time and if i remember correctly he was informed that once he purchases his license all the support would be provided? @Brogan

I don't think the's licensed... and most of the questions he asks are better addressed at a website administration forum (which he participates in) but I guess he is interested in XenForo.
I think he needs to spend a lot more time in the library and researching his generic questions in the appropriate sites.

Yes, I am still not a licensed XenForo customer, however, I am willing to do this as soon as possible since I really got exhausted from asking theoretical questions, and not getting any practical work. Thus, I would be saying I have a subdomain website at Webs.com(Http://www.MohammadLardhi.Webs.com). However, I only have quite a lot of experience in running free websites, which, I think, are useless in hosting software(scripts), since it don't allow a costumer to install any third party software on their websites, although that those services are web-building and hosting services. . As a result, could you please give me any reasonable price and respectful web-building and hosting service which can give me 'building my website(domain name), hosting it, and hosting my forum software (XenForo). I know that Such as, http://www.arvixe.com/, and https://www.godaddy.com, ) do you think there are the best ones?

Last edited:
As a result, could you please give me any respectful and reasonable price web-building and hosting service which can give me'builiding my website(domain name), hosting it, and hosting my forum software (XenForo).
Don't do it.

Domain name: Company A
Hosting: Company B

Domain name and hosting by Company C: Can be disastrous if you ever want to "divorce" from it.

Don't do it.

Domain name: Company A
Hosting: Company B

Domain name and hosting by Company C: Can be disastrous if you ever want to "divorce" from it.

Thanks a lot,
Could you please be a little more detailed?

I did neither say that I would be using two companies, nor did I say that I would be using three companies.
I have said that I want a hosting service which can provide me with 'building my domain, hosting it, and then hosting my forum software(XenForo). I.e, all in one company.

Thanks a lot,
Could you please be a little more detailed?

I did neither say that I would be using two companies, nor did I say that I would be using three companies.
I have said that I want a hosting service which can provide me with 'building my domain, hosting it, and then hosting my forum software(XenForo). I.e, all in one company.
His point is that frequently when your hosting provider is also your domain registrar - if you ever decide to move to a new hosting provider then it can be difficult getting your domain info update or even your registrar moved to a new one.

Yes i once had a hosting provider try to sell my domain to me for over a 1000 bucks after i put in the effort to make it worth something and wanted to move to a more reliable host.. Today its back to available and back to an ordinary price.. But thats the last time i made that mistake.

I mean that I will have the XenForo forum software package as a ziped file, and whenever I need to install it again, then I will unzip this file, or there is no a standlone file can be downloaded.
When you purchase xenforo you will be able to download a zip archive which contains the files you would place on your webserver , you would then visit a link at your domain where you would install the software from after creating a db for the software to use.

Then can I consider as though it is a program installed on my Windows 7 which can be installed and reinstalled again into my website hosting in the a web-hosting service?
Something like that but no, the kind of programs you are referring to are generally compiled programs (like an install.exe file to install a game) but Xenforo is built mainly with php which by default is a server side scripting language that get's interpreted when it get's called. As xenforo does not have an install.exe (and you wont find a forum software which does) you do not install it like you would a compiled program, you would instead place the files in the directory which you would like them to live and visit your setup's install URL and follow the steps in your browser window.

Even though you can't install it like one of the windows programs to which you are accustomed, you can setup a web server environment on your desktop computer that you can browse to in firefox or whatever by visiting http://localhost/ which in layman's networking terms means 'this computer'. You can install this locally from your browser once you have setup a local webserver on your desktop computer.

The steps to install (as a simple list):
put files from the extracted archive in www folder
create mysql database, user, and setup password
visit http://localhost/install/ and run through the installation steps​

All forum software are Script. However, when I looked up in the word 'script', I found out the script word, the written form of a speech, play, film etc .the set of letters that are used in writing a language
Those are just other uses for the word script which has nothing to do with the context of programming. From wikipedia (which I hinted to earlier in this post):

wikipedia said:
A scripting language or script language is a programming language that supports scripts, programs written for a special run-time environment that can interpret (rather than compile) and automate the execution of tasks that could alternatively be executed one-by-one by a human operator.

His point is that frequently when your hosting provider is also your domain registrar - if you ever decide to move to a new hosting provider then it can be difficult getting your domain info update or even your registrar moved to a new one.

Thanks a lot, Could you please be a little patient with me::
I see that you need me to use two services(one to register my domain name, and the other one for hosting it). I am right, am I not?

Then: I should follow:
First: Creating(registering my domain name) at a service.

Second: Then, hosting my domain name at another hosting service by transferring it.

My questions are:
First: while creating(registering my domain name) at a service, how can it be saved if it is hosted( I don't think that creating domain name can be separately from hosting it, or otherwise, why all hosting service make a free domain name for each paid hosting account?)

Secondly: do you think that there are some services specified only to register domain names?

Thirdly: when I register my domain name at service, then I can publish my website so far, even before hosting it????????

Fourthly:If yes, then I will be paied for registering my domain name at a service, however, if I have created my domain name at the same company on which it would be hosted, I would get a free domain name since all hosting services give one free domain name for each paid hosting account?

Finally: Why will I need to transfer my domain name to host it in another service as long as I can publish my website with this domain name. What benefit is there if I will created my domain name in a service, and then I will transfer it into antoher company to host it.

First: while creating(registering my domain name) at a service, how can it be saved if it is hosted( I don't think that creating domain name can be separately from hosting it, or otherwise, why all hosting service make a free domain name for each paid hosting account?)
Purchasing a domain and purchasing hosting can be done at separate places.
Not all hosts do, for ones that do it is either for convenience or for marketing strategy.

Secondly: do you think that there are some services specified only to register domain names?
Yes, https://www.google.com/search?q=domain+registrar

Thirdly: when I register my domain name at service, then I can publish my website so far, even before hosting it????????
No, you need a public facing server for the files to site on. Webservers are accessed by IP address and domains are basically there so you can type human readable text rather than a string of numbers and dots which is much harder to remember.

Fourthly:If yes, then I will be paied for registering my domain name at a service, however, if I have created my domain name at the same company on which it would be hosted, I would get a free domain name since all hosting services give one free domain name for each paid hosting account?
It's not really free, they figure it into the cost.
Finally: Why will I need to transfer my domain name to host it in another service as long as I can publish my website with this domain name. What benefit is there if I will created my domain name in a service, and then I will transfer it into antoher company to host it.

If you find that the service they offer is bad, or you need to upgrade and their options are not suitable you would have to move down the road and if your host is also your registrar they can make it very hard for you to transfer your domain over to another registrar so that you can move your site and so you can manage it once you have severed ties with your old host.

Last edited:
If you find that the service they offer is bad, or you need to upgrade and their options are not suitable you would have to move down the road and if your host is also your registrar they can make it very hard for you to transfer your domain over to another registrar so you move your site and so you can manage it once you have severed ties with your old host.
Especially this. I have seen a few times where the hosting company has claimed that THEY owned the domain since it was "included for free" in the hosting service that was purchased. If they play that game, it gets VERY fun to try to transfer it.

Me personally, I would never use Godaddy for a host, however I would definitely use them for a place for a domain. I have never paid over 99 cents in acquiring a new domain using either a coupon or one of their promo codes. And usually you can find a promo code of up to 35% off on a renewal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom