XF 2.1 Can anyone help me decode this URL

dking

I know this might seem like a very fundamental question but I'm looking for the syntax of this URL so I can figure out where all the files are and why some of my old redirects aren't working. The one below absolutely works but if we call a URL from the and of the the showimage.php or displayimage.php it is not. So I am starting with what is working and going backwards.

forum/attachments/toms-20farm-20bikes2_zps5w0rwzyz-jpg.1573365/

I believe that the rewrites are working because there is not a directory at /forum/attachments/ but this does pull the image from server at /forum/data/attachments/

I am pretty sure that's where it's coming from. Can anyone point me to what the number at the end is and what the calculation is for naming files etc.

thanks you all.

That URL goes into the XF framework and there's a lot of PHP code to resolve that to a final attachment. This resolves through several tables to find the final file to display (as well as respecting permissions). The only identifying value in the URL is the ID (1573365).

I'm not really sure what you're asking exactly, but if you have another script, you should probably just be redirecting to the "standard" XF URL to attempt to display the attachment.

Top Bottom