Can any wordpress or css mavens help me out?

craigiri

I purchased a small blog which I am expanding...and added a XF forum also.

The WP blog uses the nemisis theme - and I don't want to change it yet.

However, I am very unhappy with the links css in this theme, as it seems to be a light shade of green and my eyes (and I assume others) cannot properly tell when an item is a link. The site is also used quite a bit from overseas (europe and china), and my guess is that they are also having problems.

So, my two questions are:

1. What do you think the best link colors would be? I know blue used to be the obvious standard and that might be fine if it doesn't clash too much.

2. Should I go to a bold or other css in the link style? I want links to really stand out.

As a slight complication, I have a tooltip glossary add-on where words have a JS definition box that comes up on hover. This seems to work fine, so I don't want to change this. I will post the existing css in another post in this thread - at least I will post what I think it is!

Any suggestions welcome. I want to make sure old, tired and foreign eyes can easily discern what is a link!

Example article - note link at bottom to forum thread. It's hard to see, IMHO....
http://droneflyers.com/2013/03/free-consulting-advice-for-chinese-quadcopter-makers/

Ah, I guess I don't have to post the existing CSS because it looks like WP has an override....so all I need are examples of a better CSS for links!
Code:
/*
Welcome to Custom CSS!

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a kind of code that tells the browser how
to render a web page. You may delete these comments and get started with
your customizations.

By default, your stylesheet will be loaded after the theme stylesheets,
which means that your rules can take precedence and override the theme CSS
rules. Just write here what you want to change, you don't need to copy all
your theme's stylesheet content.
*/

Top Bottom