XF 1.5 Call controller action from other controller

grisha2217

Hi guys.
I have extended controller:
PHP:
class Test_ForumSearchThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XFCP_Test_ForumSearchThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread
{
    /* XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum $forumController */
    private $forumController;

public function __construct(Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, Zend_Controller_Response_Http $response, XenForo_RouteMatch $routeMatch) {
        parent::__construct($request, $response, $routeMatch);
        $this->forumController = new XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum($request, $response, $routeMatch);
    }

public function actionIndex()
    {
        $parent = parent::actionIndex();
        if ($parent instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)
        {
            if (// not important condition)
            {
                $fstModel = $this->_getForumSearchThreadsModel();
                 // here i set some params in forum controller request (node_id, page etc)
                 $response = $this->forumController->actionForum();
            }
        }

return $parent;
    }
}

When i try get $response value, xenforo redirect me to some forum, how i can get params from forum controller response? Thanks.

If you're trying to reroute to another controller action:
PHP:
return $this->responseReroute('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum', 'forum');

Thread lists are canonicalized though, so a redirect is expected here. If you want to get or set some parameters inside the forum controller, you will have to extend it instead of the thread controller.

PHP:

Thread lists are canonicalized though, so a redirect is expected here. If you want to get or set some parameters inside the forum controller, you will have to extend it instead of the thread controller.

I want to parse get threads in certain forum in Thread Controller, i don't want copy past code from actionForum to thread controller.

Also, i tried to extend Forum controller, i coded callActionForum function - is a copy of actionForum function, but return value is $viewParams (not responseView). It is not working (xenforo redirect me again)

PHP:
<?php
class Test_ForumSearchThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XFCP_Test_ForumSearchThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread
{
    /* Test_ForumSearchThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum $forumController */
    private $forumController;

public function __construct(Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, Zend_Controller_Response_Http $response, XenForo_RouteMatch $routeMatch)
    {
        parent::__construct($request, $response, $routeMatch);
        $controller = XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum', 'controller');
        $this->forumController = new $controller($request, $response, $routeMatch);
    }

public function actionIndex()
    {
        $parent = parent::actionIndex();
        if ($parent instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)
        {
            if (XenForo_Visitor::getUserId() === 1)
            {
                $fstModel = $this->_getForumSearchThreadsModel();
                $requestParams = $fstModel->getRequestParamsFromCookie($parent->params['thread']['node_id']);
                if ($requestParams)
                {
                    foreach ($requestParams AS $key => $value)
                    {
                        $this->_request->setParam($key, $value);
                    }

var_dump($this->forumController->callActionForum());
                }

}
        }

return $parent;
    }
}

PHP:

oh man, i understood what you mean. I just overrided canonicalizeRequestUrl function:
Code:
public function canonicalizeRequestUrl($linkUrl)
{
    // empty overrided function
}

THANKS!!!!

I want to parse get threads in certain forum in Thread Controller, i don't want copy past code from actionForum to thread controller.
Generally speaking, controller actions aren't meant to be called in this way (directly). It's probably a more sane approach to just copy/paste the code if you need it. If you're just looking to retrieve a set of threads in a forum, calling the action probably comes with additional overhead anyways (depending on what you're doing with it). If you are trying to display a thread list on your page, fetching the list with ajax may also be a viable option.

oh man, i understood what you mean. I just overrided canonicalizeRequestUrl function:
Just keep in mind that this means routes to this controller will not be properly canonicalized. If you take this approach, consider coming up with a special conditional for your page and returning the parent method if it's not a match.

Top Bottom