California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order 117 is not yet signed it seems or does it not have to be signed by the judge.

Hope the order is executed that would mean progress for at least one person. After that the rest of the people and company be freed from this law suit.

I may be wrong, but these latest documents aren't in effect until signed by the judge. So it is just the latest move by the defense, not an actual ruling.

These documents were probably typed up and added to pacer before being sent to the judge to sign.

Just a note that the reason that although the document said proposed but I did not state proposed in my post was because the docket appeared to have been filed after the hearing on May 21st. It is likely that given this, the only action required is for Judge Real to sign it, thus enacting what I believe has already happened.

Just a note that the reason that although the document said proposed but I did not state proposed in my post was because the docket appeared to have been filed after the hearing on May 21st. It is likely that given this, the only action required is for Judge Real to sign it, thus enacting what I believe has already happened.
Let's hope your instincts are correct then :)

Yes, lets hope you are correct! :)

Docket 117.

The court had a hearing yesterday.

The following was ascertained:

Busby's motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction is GRANTED WITH PREJUDICE.

Plaintiff's motion to leave to file TAC is granted and denied in part; addition of violation of Cal. Penal Code § 502 (Computer Crimes) is denied and Plaintiff request to dismiss claim 9, Unfair Business Practices, AS WELL AS claim 12, RICO violations, are granted.

http://blog.shamil.co.uk/vbulletin-solutions-vs-xenforo-limited-etc/
Hey Shamil... you have been doing *amazing* job at covering the case and posting the documents.

Not to put more work on you, but one thing that would be really nice for people who really just loosely follow what's going on would be a table of all the claims made (with a link to the document(s) related to that claim) and a status of that claim. Like some easy way to see what claims are still active, which are dismissed, etc.

Just an idea... either way, keep up the good work. :)

While this is truly excellent news if signed, it could now still delay things 6, 9, or more months to actually go to trial right? Because the entire TAC hasn't been thrown out, it could be dragged on for quite a while with a lot of back and forth motions on the TAC?

Hey Shamil... you have been doing *amazing* job at covering the case and posting the documents.

Not to put more work on you, but one thing that would be really nice for people who really just loosely follow what's going on would be a table of all the claims made (with a link to the document(s) related to that claim) and a status of that claim. Like some easy way to see what claims are still active, which are dismissed, etc.

Just an idea... either way, keep up the good work. :)

I actually started this a long time ago - it got a bit messy and I didn't publish it - I'll see what I can do today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom