California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following this, only days after the 9th circuit made these clarifications, they were cited in the geohot case.
GeoHot resurfaced recently - Guess how? Hacking PS3 from the jailbraking method, to the entire skeleton of the PS3; making any PS3 vulnerable to hacking attacks.

GeoHot resurfaced recently - Guess how? Hacking PS3 from the jailbraking method, to the entire skeleton of the PS3; making any PS3 vulnerable to hacking attacks.

They asked CA court to provide evidence that this jailbreaker has any relation to CA or otherwise dismiss the case.

I'm just wondering... why is everyone here or the selected few so eager to follow this? I mean it's like you guys want every single detail.

Does it really matter? I mean XF has people taking care of this... not like we have to worry.

The legal cases are the most critical issue facing the entire forum administration community in more ways than one, but this stuff tends to drag on for years, so all we can do is wait for the next hearing.

I can think of 7 more reasons actually but I don't want to be too negative and give people like Miko who are building a business on XenForo to lose sleep at night over the potential financial distress ..

I no longer sleep Floris... Feel free to express your reasons.
Always enjoy a good chat with you.

In regards the to the OP,
I think anyone that is investing time, money and countless hours of work into XenForo would want to follow this thread and anything about the court case.

So far seems all good... business as usual and nothing to fret about. Look forward to the Cali outcome, as that will no doubt also provide some feedback on how the UK matter may, or may not, take effect.

Some of us follow law, problem? If its not your cup of tea then don't follow it.

Why is all this important? Well had Blizzard won the EULA case, it would have meant that XF, or any other company could put into their EULA anything, litterally ANYTHING.

Who said I am following it.

I'm just looking at people basically making stuff up, when they have NO IDEA what the decision will be. You speculating so much... it's funny watching everyone. You might as well guess and write up a hit hollywood story that will be a blockbuster since you know the future and all.

As for the blizzard case, once again.. NO USE SPECULATING... you DON'T know what will happen.

Well, I care because I want to have a modern forum solution from a business that is viable.
And I do not want to invest money into a company that files for bankruptcy by the end of the year.
Or have the IP of it become IB's property (having my money go to them in effect).

Well once again.. is there use of speculation? You would have to wait and see. otherwise not invest in XF if you feel uncertain.

Risks.. are risks...

The legal cases are the most critical issue facing the entire forum administration community in more ways than one, but this stuff tends to drag on for years, so all we can do is wait for the next hearing.

Which is partially of what I am stating. People just sit here posting their own personal comments. That doesn't do anything, but create small talk. People just need to SIT and WAIT.

EDIT: For those that bought the product. Just enjoy it and relax. Let the lawyers and all take care of the case. Just use XF and be happy. The verdict will come when it is time. In the meantime just don't stress out. We don't know the future, but we invest in XF and might as well use it and wait till the time is here.

For those that bought the product. Just enjoy it and relax. Let the lawyers and all take care of the case. Just use XF and be happy. The verdict will come when it is time. In the meantime just don't stress out. We don't know the future, but we invest in XF and might as well use it and wait till the time is here.

Take your own advice then? Whats with the personal crusade against people who want to follow it. If you don't want to read the small talk, stay out the thread, don't read it. Nuff said.

Those of us who want to discuss it can do, its not like you're obliged to read and reply to it.

Take your own advice then? Whats with the personal crusade against people who want to follow it. If you don't want to read the small talk, stay out the thread, don't read it. Nuff said.

Those of us who want to discuss it can do, its not like you're obliged to read and reply to it.

Sure.

Have fun talking about something you cannot predict.

Enjoy your fairyland talk in this thread.

Reading through these latest PDF's, and the absolute garbage with .com registration and such, just really hits home to how much this is total BS and VB are just trying to exhause company funds in legal BS via responses. The longer they can keep responses going, the more money they drag outwards of XF. This latest round of claims is absolute nonsense to fight for jurisdiction in California.

Reading through these latest PDF's, and the absolute garbage with .com registration and such, just really hits home to how much this is total BS and VB are just trying to exhause company funds in legal BS via responses. The longer they can keep responses going, the more money they drag outwards of XF. This latest round of claims is absolute nonsense to fight for jurisdiction in California.

Yup, this is primarily the reason what makes me sick to the stomach what IB are doing and why I have much admiration for the devs who stand up to fight against this utter nonsense. It's so easy to just sit back and give up so it's a breathe of fresh air to see that they still look onwards and upwards.

Sure.

Have fun talking about something you cannot predict.

Enjoy your fairyland talk in this thread.

Modern science hasn't figured out a way to accurately predict the weather either, but people still talk about it. ;)

How about sports? I guess we'll not talk about a "big game" before hand either, because after all, it's something we can't predict.

What you propose sure would take the fun out of a lot of things, including many forums.

-Chris

When are the dates of the two law suits going to be heard by the court?
Kier posted the answer in a related thread:

We should know whether the Californian case will continue on or shortly after February 7th. As for the London case, there is a proposed trial date in early 2012, but who knows if the case will go that far. Most civil cases don't ever make it to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom